Welcome to the fourth post in my holiday gift-giving series, where I’m sharing some of the truly fun gift ideas I’ve found for book lovers while perusing the Internet. (If you haven’t already done so, you’ll also want to check out 5 awesome DIY gifts (for the creative gift-giver), 8 fabulous clothing gifts, and 8 scintillating jewelry gifts.)
Up this week: bookmarks! Because really, is there any more appropriate gift for the bookworm in your life? 😉
1. Remember how the Wicked Witch got flattened by a house? Apparently a book will do the job just as well. This handmade bookmark, complete with red shoes, is available on Etsy.
2. For the bookworm who likes to keep books in a stack (and who doesn’t?), these stainless steel statements: “To be continued” “You are here” “Great book” and more…available on Fancy.com.
3. I’m always happy to see something upcycled, and when it’s as pretty and useful as this fork-turned-bookmark? A total winner. Available here.
4. If stacks of books (and other things) are vulnerable to attack in your home (say, for instance, by an Itty Bitty Pretty Kitty), standard bookmarks may not hold their position quite as well as expected. If you have a bookworm who’s tired of losing his/her place all the time, this ingenious book holder could be the perfect solution.
5. Tired of losing your place because you forget to place your bookmark before closing your book? The Albatros bookmark solves that problem by following along with your reading and inserting itself in the right place every time you turn a page. Comes in a packet of six; various designs.
6. Have a mystery/horror lover on your gift list? Each of these handmade silicone bookmarks is unique and sure to tickle a morbid fancy. Find them here.
Check back next week for my miscellaneous list, made up of all kinds of things that caught my fancy but didn’t fit in my tidy little categories (next year I obviously need to start this earlier so I can have more tidy little categories!). Subscribe using the red box in the sidebar, and you’ll even get a notification when the post goes up. 😉
Prefer to gift actual books?
Check out my Grigori Legacy series, described by a reviewer (much to my great delight) as “brilliant, awesome and evil!”)
or, for something lighter, my contemporary romance!