Christmas gift-giving can be a lot of fun…unless you find yourself trying to buy for that someone who seems to have everything he/she needs and you’re fresh out of inspiration. Well, never fear, because the Internet is here! And because I’ve been rather stuck on my writing lately (argh, but it’s better now, thank heaven), I’ve let my fingers do the tapping in search of unique ideas for that special someone in your life…provided, of course, he/she is a booklover. (And really, who isn’t…right? 😉 )
I’ll be posting a list of my finds each week from now until December 22nd — starting this week with gift ideas you can make yourself if you’re creatively inclined. Check back every Monday for more lists, categorized as clothing, jewelry, the coolest bookmarks I’ve ever seen, and miscellany.
Gifts for Book-lovers from the Do-It-Yourselfer
1. If you have someone on your list who has a quirky sense of humor, this upside-down bookshelf is just the ticket. Quick and easy instructions from Instructables…and yes, it’s actually a functional shelf!
2. For the lover of words who also appreciates a unique pair of shoes — dictionary flats from See Kate Sew.
3. The perfect headboard for someone who likes to read in bed (and it’s surprisingly simple and inexpensive, too!)…from Recyclart.
4. This one is absolutely ingenious…I may have to make one of my own! A clutch made from upcycled materials: an old book and a thrift-store-find clutch. Instructions at See Kate Sew.
5. And finally, what could be more appropriate for the book-lover than a pair of bookends made out of…are you ready for it?…books! Super quick-and-easy instructions at Design Sponge.
Happy creating! And if you decide to make any of these, be sure to send me a photo of your finished project at info at lindapoitevin dot com…I would love to see!
Next week: Clothing Gift Ideas for the Book Lover. Subscribe to the blog using that big red button on the sidebar so you don’t miss it! 😉